Oh happy day! I've scheduled a pick up with my upholsterers to come and get my sofa and maybe a chair...or two...and maybe some x benches.

{If anyone local is wondering, I use Jensen's Work Room in Elkton, MD. They are inexpensive, really good and very fast. Tell them I sent you.}

Bye bye, green linen. Hello, ivory velvet!


I do have plans for reupholstering a couple of chairs myself for the new apartment, but the pieces mentioned above would take me more than 20 hours of labor - more than I can give right now.


It's been exciting to go fabric shopping for these upholstery projects (speaking of which, I have a fun new collaboration to announce soon!). Here are the pretty standard, but really handy, yardage charts that I like to reference when I'm planning to reupholster a piece of furniture.




Don't forget that if you're using a patterned fabric, the yardage will go up a lot, depending on the size of the pattern's repeat. And of course these charts are just rough estimates. If your furniture is newer and you know the manufacturer, you should call them for guidance on yardage. Or talk with your upholsterer.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top